RECOMMENDATION FOR USING KUGLER BIMETAL PARTS
The shape, clearance, and surface condition of the sliding parts are to be determined by the customer according to his application. As a general rule, we would make the following remarks :
SURFACE CONDITION (FINISH ON SLIDING PARTS)
KUGLER-Tokat bronze - N5 to N6 i.e. Ra 0.4 à 0.8 microns (Ra 16 – 32 microinches)
- Machine by material cutting
- Avoid polishing, honing, grinding.
- These operations may encrust the surface of the bronze with abrasive particles.
Counter-piece - N4 i.e. Ra 0.1 – 0.2 microns (Ra 8 micro-inches)
- Avoid, if possible, chromium plating (bad for the lubricant)
- Rotating and oscillating movements: Straight grooves at 45° to point of contact
Flat parts, linear guides - Arrange the grooves so as to ensure the best distribution of lubricant.
- If lubrication is not continuous (bubbling, etc), grooves must not be placed crosswise.
ADJUSTMENT OF THE ASSEMBLY (NORMAL BORE)
- KUGLER-Tokat bronze - H7 or F7
- Counter-piece - F7 (H6/H7 for slow and oscillating movements)
KUGLER-Tokat bronze :
- See table, according to the type of bronze and the thickness of layer.
- Minimum 55 HRC (For Tokat 30 with a high lead content, minimum 35 HRC).
- Kugler-BIMETAL parts can operate within a temperature range of -70°C à +250°C
Consult Kugler BIMETAL SA in specific cases
© Kugler Bimetal SA